We’re more than happy to present you with a guest mix by the mighty Pete Swanson. His new EP, entitled Punk Authority and set for release on March 12 via Software, is now available for pre-order. If the fabulous first single “Life Ends at 30″ is anything to go by, the forthcoming release may be his most exciting work to date.
Here, Swanson delivers an expectedly unexpected selection of more and less obscure tracks from the realms of experimental, electronic, drone, noise, and contemporary classical music. He also includes a couple of unreleased tracks and edits, but hey, I guess it’s best that we let him introduce the mix himself: “There’s not much of a theme other than this being music I’ve been listening to lately. This is what my roommates have to put up with on a daily basis. Lately they’ve been thwarting my efforts with Solange and AlunaGeorge, which I find to be far from the worst music that could be blasted at you. Most of the music that I’ve been playing lately, that I wish I could include is unfinished work from Howse and Goodwin, who are both working on really fantastic tracks right now. A lot of these tracks are from records that I attempted to “recommend” to another magazine that wasn’t receptive to my suggestions, so I’ll take this opportunity to give those albums their due.” Those are some very lucky roommates. Also, I wonder what that magazine was, and what exactly did they expect to get from someone like Pete Swanson? Anyway, better for us!
01. Emptyset – Core (edit)
02. Roberto Cacciapaglia – Sonanze (3rd movement)
03. Pete Swanson – unreleased
04. Charles Dodge – Speech Songs – A Man Sitting in the Cafeteria
05. Pierre Henry – Variations For A Door And A Sigh (edit)
06. Hair Police – Scythed Wide
07. Brooks Arthur Ensemble – Hang on Sloopy
08. Darius Dolat-Shahi – Razm
09. Ruth White – Hanged Man
10. Sensate Focus vs. Heatsick – Deviation Heat-Treated Y (edit)
11. Akos Rozmann – 12 Stationer Cross III (edit)
12. Bulbs – Sees
13. Leech – Sense Enjoyer
14. Jerome Notinger/Will Guthrie – Carpet Burn
Pete Swanson on Twitter.