If we haven’t posted anything in a while, that’s because we were in Berlin. And if it’s taking us too long to get back in the loop, that’s because we’re still recovering. And what better way to get things going again than by posting a new guest mix, right?
Number 62 comes from Haley Fohr, the young musician performing under the name Circuit Des Yeux. *Watch out for her upcoming Magnetic South release this winter!* Onto the mix. In Fohr’s own words, “they are records that are just my favorites, go-to’s, and ones that have miraculously survived many record purges I have done through the years, so that must mean they’ve done something to my psyche.” You can sure tell how this mixture of noisy lo-fi, experimental, industrial and psychedelic folk sounds might have informed her sound. Now get on this:
01. Throbbing Gristle – Weapon Training
02. Throbbing Gristle - Eeh Ahhoooh
03. Desperate Bicycles – Medium Was Tedium
04. Jonathan Halper – I Am a Hermit
05. The Front – Aluminum Room (at 33 rpm)
06. Kaleidoscope – Dive Into Yesterday
07. The Electric Bunnies – All the Pretty Girls Have Gone to the Beach
08. Ron House & The Harrisburg Players – Our Love to the 3rd Power
09. Black Humor – Undancing in the Dirt
10. Bill Orcutt – Crossroads
Circuit des Likes.
Tags: CIRCUIT DES YEUX